Home / Careers
RF Electronics Engineer
20 November 2021, 00:00:00
Micrima is a small start-up company based in Bristol. We are in the later stages of developing and commercialising a new technology for detecting breast cancer using radio-waves that has the potential to completely transform how breast cancer is detected. We need a talented and driven individual to join the team to Help support the future development of the system.
We are really looking for someone who can both generate ideas but who is also competent and passionate about doing the best job they can.
Job Purpose and Primary Objective
• Electronics hardware design, verification, and validation
• Production support and transfer of designs to production
In support of design transfer of the following RF equipment used in a medical imaging system:
• Operating between 3 and 8 GHz, driving a 60 element, semi spherical, antenna array used to measure
• The RF chain has a bespoke modular design consisting of a CW RF source, a switching matrix that
distributes the RF signals to the antennas from the source.
• RF system/hardware measurement, test, and calibration development.
• Generating technical documentation such as design and validation reports, manufacturing and
production guidelines and manuals
• Production support for new and existing designs
• Contribute to system design and development of company product.
• Liaise with external contractors in the manufacture of the company's product.
• Support development and maintenance of Technical Files to maintain compliance with ISO 13485, FDA and other relevant regulatory standards.
• Adherence to company plans and product performance goals.
• Maintenance and updating existing hardware.
• Design and development of RF electronic equipment for medical devices according to company
procedures and regulatory standards
• EMC test and design
• FPGA programming/development
• Medical device development – EN 60601-1
• RF propagation measurement and simulation.
Please note, we do not deal with agencies but only direct with applicants.