Home / Careers
Office based (Bristol).
30 July 2021, 23:00:00
Micrima is a small start-up company based in Bristol. We are in the later stages of developing and commercialising a new technology for detecting breast cancer using radio-waves that has the potential to completely transform how breast cancer is detected. We need a talented and driven individual to join the team to help us spread awareness and tell the world about who we are and what we are doing.
Being a small and innovative company, we offer the ability for this role to be involved in many different areas of the business, but with a specific focus on improving and increasing our digital content to grow our following on more social platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter. As such we are really looking for someone who can both generate ideas but who is also competent and passionate about digital media and has experience of producing their own content to a professional standard.
Job Purpose and Primary Objective
The Laboratory Manager works closely with the R&D team to manage and oversee data production from MARIA systems using phantom studies and system simulation.
In collaboration with engineers, design and execute experiments to evaluate potential product improvements.
The planning and execution of verification and validation activities for engineering changes resulting in product improvements and cost reduction.
Manage the electronics lab to ensure high standards of test equipment availability, compliance with quality and regulatory requirements and the highest levels of health and safety.
Ensure that experiments are prioritised, executed and documented, and that results are collated and analysed.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Management and supervision of Lab Technician and day-to-day activities in the laboratory.
• Liaison with senior engineers to define, plan and execute experiments to prove/disprove new methods.
• Design of jigs and fixtures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of data collection.
• Management of test equipment.
• Analysis and reporting of experimental results and data.
• Propose system improvements supported by data.
• Develop and execute test protocols and write reports.
• Responsibility for Health and Safety within the laboratory environment.
• Supervise system and assembly build in the lab.
• Undertake any other specific tasks as detailed by the department manager
• Ensure own compliance with health and safety regulations
Qualifications and experience:
• An engineering graduate or engineering apprenticeship (HNC).
• Management of a product test lab.
• Ideally some experience with electrical safety and/or EMC requirements.
• Experience working in a medium sized engineering company in a regulated industry (eg. medical
device, pharma, aerospace, defence).
• Ability to liaise with engineers and suppliers to build prototype equipment, test jigs and fixtures.
• Electronic systems test and troubleshooting.
Please note, we do not deal with agencies but only direct with applicants.