Home / Careers
Chief Technology Officer
Office based (Bristol) with the ability to work from home 2-3 days a week.
29 June 2021, 23:00:00
The overarching purpose of this role is to work with the CEO to define the strategy that delivers product sensitivity and specificity in excess of mammography through normalisation and interpretation of the data produced from our MARIA® device, alongside working with our contract manufacturing partner and supplier base to oversee production in line with our sales forecast. The role is also responsible for overseeing creation of our cloud-based data processing model that facilitates national, cloud based, breast screening models as well as being used for data collection and algorithm update/software rollouts.
Key responsibilities (for the assigned product lines)
• Work with the CEO and engineering/R&D teams to define and engage the team with the most optimum strategy for product development
• Implement and optimize processes and manage the ongoing R&D activity for optimisation of product robustness, reliability, and usability
• Work with the engineering team to improve the consistency of data produced by MARIA®, seeking opportunities to minimise or eliminate artifacts
• Work with the engineering team to produce computer and physical simulation data from MARIA® to produce significant amounts of reproducible data sets
• Work alongside and support the Commercial team in placement of MARIA® devices for collection of clinical data alongside ground truth data from other established imaging modalities
• Work with the R&D team to use digital signal processing, machine learning and AI techniques to extract the maximum amount of information from the MARIA® dataset, including development of tissue classification
• Drive the software development team to work closely with our Commercial team, Key Opinion Leaders and Clinical partners to maximise the clinical value of the data we deliver to clinicians who are reviewing the output of our device.
• Ensure the right Quality Management and Regulatory Affairs processes are in place and strictly adhered to
• Maintain UK and European regulatory approval of our products and work with the commercial team to identify and work with overseas partners to complete additional regulatory approvals to open new markets.
• Drive the R&D and Engineering teams to adhere to agreed timescales and deliverables
• Take responsibility for the Engineering and R&D budget and work with the CEO and CFO on maintain and accurate forecast of costs.
• Work with our contract manufacturing and supplier partners to continually improve quality and look for opportunities to reduce product cost
• Establish and maintain a good working chemistry with the team, CEO and the board whilst living and breathing the company’s values
• Micrima is looking for a driven individual who is passionate to use their experience of enhancing, manipulating, developing, and commercialising large and complex data sets to help revolutionise the breast cancer detection market
• The individual should have a passion to succeed and a will to win and have strong team management and engagement skills
• Extensive experience of data processing, software development and cloud deployment
• BS degree in a technical discipline or related business experience with a non-technical degree.
• At least two years’ experience of Senior Management of a capital product business unit, ideally within the Medical Imaging field or comparable industry.
• Extensive experience in developing project management and delivering product improvement programmes
• Demonstrable experience of accelerated and continuous business change to deliver growth and/or efficiency
• Ability to build and lead teams.
• Relevant industry experience
• 5 years previous managerial experience.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent strategic and planning skills
• Medical equipment industry background
• Knowledge of Radiology workflow.
Please note, we do not deal with agencies but only direct with applicants.